Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bookmarks!

Playing catch up ... it's been a while since I posted, but I have been painting!

Anyway, I have been very intimidated by the thought of composing and completeing ANYTHING for a long time. So, one morning I was listening to Adya and playing around and picked up a strip of watercolor paper I had cut off of something else and just threw some color on it. Then I grabbed a Sharpie and added some bold lines and little designs and it became a bookmark! I had discovered something that was small, something I could handle. I started cutting strips of paper and painting and making bookmarks right and left. Most of the early ones I don't have anymore... friends and family liked them enough to snatch them up. But here are some of the ones I still have and am still working on.

Here is the process... in case you're interested. 1) Watercolor (ink) 2) Bold lines 3) Detail
Her are some I'm still working on...
And, here are some finished ones...
(I don't sign them till they are finished and I'm happy with them)
That's it for now... I have more to show you in another post. =)
Namaste!


No comments: